Drug addiction is a serious and complex disease characterized by the continued, compulsive use of a drug even though it interferes with responsibilities and causes financial, legal, and/or relationship problems.
Drug rehab is essential for successfully beating an addiction. Drug Treatment Centers Pensacola offers comprehensive drug addiction treatment that starts with detox, followed by treatment therapies, and ends with an individualized aftercare program to help prevent relapse.
• Alcohol, which is the most common drug of abuse
• Prescription drugs, which include opiate painkillers like OxyContin, sedatives like Xanax, and stimulants like Adderall
• Illegal drugs, which include opiates like heroin, depressants like GHB, stimulants like cocaine, and hallucinogens like LSD
If you or someone you love is struggling with dependence to any of these substances, call Drug Treatment Centers Pensacola at (850) 332-0874.
Sometimes, a person who is addicted to drugs engages in a behavior, which results in an addiction to that behavior. Some secondary addictions include sex, gambling, food, and eating disorders.
The physical aspect of drug addiction occurs when the body adapts to the drug in question, and you build up a tolerance for the drug. When you try to stop taking the drug, physical withdrawal symptoms set in, and they’re often extremely uncomfortable and sometimes very dangerous.
The psychological aspect of addiction is marked by becoming mentally dependent on a drug or behavior because of its pleasant effects. Willpower alone is usually not enough to stop using the drug or engaging in the behavior.
Signs and symptoms of drug dependence include:
• Feeling a compulsion to use the drug daily or even several times a day.
• Having intense urges for the drug.
• Building up a tolerance so that you need more of the drug to feel the same effects.
• Neglecting essential responsibilities at home, work, or school.
• Engaging in risky behaviors while on the drug.
• Experiencing changes in mood or behavior
• The emergence of health problems
• Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop taking the drug.
• Getting into legal trouble, financial straits, or having relationship problems as a result of using the drug.
• Focusing a great deal of time and energy trying to get the drug.
Drug addiction rehab can take place in a residential, or inpatient rehab center or in an outpatient program.
The inpatient program at Pensacola Drug Treatment Centers requires the patients to live at the facility for a set period of time, usually 30-45 days. The patients and staff members work together to change patients’ perceptions, attitudes, and behaviors surrounding the drug use.
For those who have a long history of drug addiction or a co-occurring mental condition or secondary addiction, inpatient treatment is the most effective drug rehab program due to its intensive nature and around-the-clock care. Patients in our inpatient facility are given time away from the triggers to work through the issues surrounding their disease.
Outpatient treatment programs allow the patient to remain at home while participating in regular treatment at the facility, which includes several types of counseling and therapy on a weekly basis.
Outpatient treatment is effective for some patients, as long as they have a deep commitment to recovery and have a strong system of support at home. Outpatient treatment allows the patient to continue to meet responsibilities at home, work, and school, and it allows them to immediately apply strategies and tools learned in rehab to the real world.
We make the insurance verification process easy so you can begin the journey to recovery quickly and safe. 100% Confidential